Tuesday, January 18, 2011

My guilt confession...Film downloads..

After warning my fellow mates on why they should avoid using pirated stuff specifically films,am myself  perplexed  on why am I suppose to point them..
Why do I ask them to avoid and not stop doing so? Do I myself escape my believes for some exceptions? The ans is yes..and this is my guilt confession..
            Exceptions, when a portugese Brazilian cult classic "cidade de deus”( CITY OF GOD) is enlisted amongst the 100 best films ever made, not released in india neither is the ORIGINAL DVD available , the only alternative am left is to commit a sin of approaching this internet offering movies worldwide free…I download it and pray I better hate it. Surprisingly,I like it so much that it is the best film of my all time fav genre crime ..subsequently, I realise I should better hold on my wierd believes else I would be deprived of such great experiences..
            Somehow am not that guilty, Being a student I had my limitations. But my craze for films like avatar and inception triggered me to the extent of saving money out of cutting all my other expenses and purchase original dvd’s of both..obviously, I shouldn’t have expected admiration for such great job..Moreover I am reffered as jack ass since then..But do tell me, how thrilling far is it to watch an avatar on less than a 20 inch screen at your systems.And if for a reason you missed a film at the cinemas,then why is it painful to hire an original dvd on rent and watch..ofcourse,you arnt a jackass like me purchasing originals..But hiring on rent isn’t disgraceful..atleast it could be done for films that are available..
         Am known to have answers to everything..TO this I feel I should better not flount at others of what they should not do.. atleast till am known a jackass.. moreover it won’t be easy to justify you all people my loyality towards my passion..i think,I make the best to watch as much films I can on original stuff..If finance is an issue then I am sensible enough to wait for the DVD’S out months later of theatrical release..Renting does good for me..If I am trapped in a “CITY OF GOD” situation I would download it from the craziest database in the world..
           I would do so till I become capable of flying to brazil and get an original piece of the city of god..
           This heading holds great concern since I wish to have a private room someday equipped with home theatre and a library at one corner displaying the collection of my all time favourites; The godfather, the dark knight,City of god,The raging bull, Black Friday,shawshank redemption,Pulp fiction,pyasaa,dil chahta hai,hera pheri and…………….:-) 

2 comments:

  1. but i think the film makers thmselves dont bother abt downloads as far as internet takes their work to more people than theatre release or dvd
    ABHI SHARMA

    ReplyDelete

DHARTI.. spare this from criticism...

A week   after   watching one of rarest regional films in the country that crushed the bussiness of its co-released hindi film ,   I read ma...